POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shop Items : Re: Shop Items Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:15:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shop Items
From: Alain
Date: 30 Sep 2008 15:30:27
Message: <48e27e53$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback nous illumina en ce 2008-09-30 14:05 -->
> Hello,
>
> Several items from my shop. A few primitives but mostly lathe objects. The
> Art Deco decanter object came from scenes/language/trace-wicker (I spotted
> that when I was doing the v3.7 scene updates) I just added the stopper. The
> opaque green glass was a challenge and I couldn't get it to look right until
> I used emission media on the interior of the glass material. I used Jamie
> Vives Piqueres' proceduralize macro for the brass texture on the teachers
> bell and the spittoon. Maybe that turned out a bit to subtle, but if you
> look close enough you can see the variations. Thomas squared me away on the
> method used to add the Swan and the Doulton marks on the jug and bedwarmer.
> I used area/spotlight, radiosity and just a touch of focal blur.
>
> Ciao
> Jim

Nice with a little nit picking. The teacher's bells that I saw, where much, much
more shiny. In fact, they showed nice reflections, just like the brass stripes
on the decanter. I know, I was prety young at the time, first and second grade,
but still...

--
Alain
Keep your boss’s boss off your boss’s back.